IUI Treatment in Chennai
Kiran Infertility Centre – Chennai’sis well known for providing the best IUI treatment in Chennai (Intra Uterine Insemination(IUI) ) along with providing other infertility treatment options of global standards that include In Vitro Fertilisation( IVF), Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection( ICSI), Test ,Oocyte/ Embryo Donation/ oocyte/Embryo Freezing and Surrogacy.
IUI also is known as intrauterine insemination is a fertility treatment where the processed and washed sperm is placed directly into a woman’s uterus resulting in the sperm to swim into the fallopian tubes and fertilize the waiting egg with the result being normal pregnancy. This procedure is only followed when the woman is ovulating properly and tubes are healthy without any obstructions.
For whom does the IUI Help?
IUI is most commonly used in these scenarios-
- Couples suffering from unexplained infertility
- The patient has mild endometriosis
- The patient has issues with the cervix or cervical mucus
- Men with low sperm count
- Men with decreased sperm motility
- Men having issues with ejaculation or erection
- Same-sex couples wishing to conceive
- A single woman wishing to conceive Males with low sperm count or suffering from Azoospermia
For whom does the IUI treatment Ineffective?
- Women with moderate to severe endometriosis
- A patient who have had both fallopian tubes removed or have both fallopian tubes blocked
- The patient is suffering from severe fallopian tube disease
- Women who have had multiple pelvic infections
- Men who are unable to produce sperm or suffering from Azoospermia or have extremely low sperm count/motility or morphology
Steps in IUI Procedure
IUI is quick and is painless and does not require any type of anesthesia-
- The patient lies on an exam table and the doctor will use a speculum (the same tool used in a Pap smear) to gently open the vagina and visualize the cervix.
- Most women experience little to no discomfort, although some women may experience mild uterine cramping or vaginal bleeding following the procedure.
- The patient remains reclined on the exam table for 10 to 30 minutes following the insemination.
- In some cases, the second insemination may be required the following day.
- Some doctors may also prescribe progesterone medications to take after the procedure and through the early stages of pregnancy if pregnancy is achieved, while others do not.
- The patient can take a pregnancy test two weeks after the IUI procedure.
IUI Success Rate
The success rate of IUI is around 15 to 20% per cycle even though it can reach 50% within a year. The success rate also depends upon the age, underlying infertility diagnosis, usage of fertility drugs, and other underlying fertility issues. KIC – Chennai centre offers the best IUI treatment, which is useful for those infertile couples with indications as outlined above.