Oocyte Donation clinic in Chennai
At KIC-Chennai At KIC-Chennai egg donation program assists those women who are unable to produce their own healthy eggs for conceiving a baby. A fertile woman, whose ovary releases an egg at timely intervals, can donate the egg to infertile couples and help fulfill their dreams of becoming parents. Embryo transfer is resulting in cumulative success rate of conceiving by 90%.
Kiran Infertility Center – Chennai Kiran Infertility Center – Chennai is one of the best Oocyte donation centre in Chennai. Oocyte donation in Chennai is within your budget with us
Oocyte Donation in Chennai – What does it mean
Oocyte is the medical name for a woman’s egg that has not been fertilized. While it is immature, the Oocyte remains in a woman’s ovaries.
Typically, one Oocyte is matured per month, gradually reducing a woman’s egg reserve. Embryos on the other hand are fertilized Oocytes that occur as a result of intercourse or during fertility treatment. Once the Oocyte is fertilized it is deemed to be an embryo
Oocyte donation has been made possible as a result of in-vitro fertilization (IVF). Oocyte donation involves two women: the donor and the woman who wishes to be pregnant. The treatment provides an answer for infertile women with ovarian problems, such as primary or premature ovarian failure.
Tests on Egg Donors
Egg donors play a key role in Egg donation as such KIC-Chennai ensures that the eggs are donated from the healthy women after doing various tests on the egg donors. These tests include-
- Psychological screening and testing
- Genetic and chromosomal testing
- STD testing
- Routine and advanced pathology
- Hormonal Screening
- Fertility Screening
Selection of Oocyte Donors
There are various tests done on Oocyte and Egg Donors and only Willing and healthy women are eligible for egg donation programs in KIC- Chennai . The various selection methods or measures followed include-
- Screening tests for HIV, VDRL and Hepatitis
- Should not have any genetic disorders or major abnormality.
- Medical screening for any physical or psychiatric illness
- Donor should be in good health in all aspects.
- An ultrasound examination, physical examination or pelvis, endocrine profile etc.
Who needs Oocyte Donation Treatment
- Those with recurrent pregnancy loss
- Genetic disorders affecting one or both partners
- Women over the age of 40
- Absence of ovarian function due to surgery, radiation, chemotherapy
- Unexplained failure of IVF consecutively.
For more information on Oocyte donation – you can contact Kiran Infertility Centre – Chennai